24-7Football.com's fourth set of preseason rankings brings the TEs. Quite a few of these kids have a chance at scholarships with solid seasons. Only two currently have offers but don't be surprised if more sign LOIs. This group of players is surprisingly deep. Again, thses are just my initial rankinsg, not set in stone. They will be updated during the season.
1. Steven Figueroa- Desert Vista- 6-5 220-
Has established himself as the cream of the crop. Had nearly 10 offers before
committing to Arizona State
yesterday. Had 16 catches for 252 yards and 4 TDs last year.
2. Corey Myers- Cactus- 6-5 230- A player that no one has really been talking about but had a very good season last year recording 29 catches for 477 yards and 3 TDs. Is getting quite a bit of D1 interest.
3. Coleman McArthur- Buckeye- 6-1 220- A
bit undersized but has great hands. Has been very productive in Buckeye's
offense over the past two years and expect more of the same this
year. 4. Trevor Kohl- Mesquite- 6-2 235- Productive
play last year (26 catches 450 yards 4 TDs) and llok for new Mesquite coach Mike
Reardon to utilize his skills.
4. Trevor Kohl- Mesquite- 6-2 235- Productive play last year (26 catches 450 yards 4 TDs) and llok for new Mesquite coach Mike Reardon to utilize his skills.
5. Cody Van Horne- Central- 6-2 220- Horne is a productive player on both sides of the ball. Could turn into a college DL but was athletic enough to line up in the slot last year.
1. Austin Briehl- 6-5 220- Notre Dame- Has spent the majority of the
past two years on the sidelines with injuries. I have seen him out at passing
league and the kid is the real deal. He is big, can run and has good hands. An
argument could be made for Briehl to be in the #2 spot. Like I have done in
other positions, I want to see him with the pads on before I bump him up.
2. Kevin Grenier- 6-4 215- Salpointe- Definitely looks the part. Has also performed well at various combines. Could be a good weapon in Salpointe's offense.
3. Lucas Reed- 6-5 210- Sabino- Didn't see much action last year but has gotten bigger and stronger and could be one of the sleepers in the entire state.
Jeff Dwyer- Peoria- 6-1 190
Billy Jensen- Goldwater- 6-2 220
Klayton Kristick- St Mary's- 6-1 225
Zac Livingston- Millennium- 6-1 175
Treven Masse (JR)- North- 5-10 210
Justin McElroy (JR)- O Connor
Ben Parker- Westwood- 5-11 175
Caleb Richardson- Cactus- 6-4 225
Kory Willis- Deer Valley- 6-2 210